The natury website was unavailable several times during the last few days with outages ranging from a few minutes to almost 2 hours. We apologise for these instabilities. The cause was heavy server load by so-called bots (“robots“), i.e. software-controlled users of the website. We are still in the process of clarifying exactly, which bots were the cause, in order to be able to avoid future disruptions. As soon as we have clear results, we will report. In the meantime, we ask for your understanding and, if necessary, your patience!
With the move to a new server, the individual language versions of the natury website have also their own URLs: natury.info (EN), natury.nl (NL) and natury.fr (FR) are now set up alongside natury.de (DE) in an independent installation. The move has – of course – caused some tidying up, and we apologise for any small inconvenience this may have caused! We are working diligently to ensure, that everything runs smoothly again soon…
In particular, URLs have been simplified:
- https://natury.de/de/ … → https://natury.de/ …
- https://natury.de/uk/ … → https://natury.info/ …
- https://natury.de/nl/ … → https://natury.nl/ …
- https://natury.de/fr/ … → https://natury.fr/ …
- https://natury.de/index.php/de/ … → https://natury.de/ …
- https://natury.de/index.php/uk/ … → https://natury.info/ …
- https://natury.de/index.php/nl/ … → https://natury.nl/ …
- https://natury.de/index.php/fr/ … → https://natury.fr/ …
Also, we have switch from long so-called relative to shorter direct URLs. Examples:
- https://natury.de/index.php/de/uk/reports/by-date/2019 → https://natury.info/reports-2019
- https://natury.de/index.php/de/uk/reports/by-date/2019/2019-11-03-sierra-natura (or something like that, but even longer) → https://natury.info/sierra-natura-newt-richard-foley
In spring 2019, more than 100,000 people joined efforts in a petition at change.org to fight “poison named ‘Karate Forst flüssig’ [en: ‘Karate Forest liquid’] to be sprayed in Brandenburg's forests“ – contrary to plans of the Ministry of Forestry in Potsdam. The petition was successful: The Higher Administrative Court banned the spraying due to a law suit by NABU Brandenburg. [en.wikipedia.org: The Naturschutzbund Deutschland e.V. ("Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union") or NABU is a German non-governmental organisation (NGO) dedicated to conservation at home and abroad, including the protection of rivers, forests and individual species of animals.]
Our citizens' action now has a monument: the “Stone of 100,000“ commemorates 100,976 signatories of the successful petition!
Image: deep link to change.org
Read more: “NEUIGKEIT ZUR PETITION: Stein der 100.000“ (change.org).
This map Borkwalde, Siebenbrüderweg shows, where the “Stone of 100,000“ is located.
E · Nude pilgrim and streaker during Europe League football match in Granada with Manchester United [10 April 2021]
Bernd informed us about an article in Austrian newspaper Kronen Zeitung: “LOKALE BERÜHMTHEIT: Nackter Flitzer regt bei Granada gegen ManUtd auf!” (krone.at). Many thanks for that!
He had insulted two nude cyclists, who were on the road as part of the annual World Naked Bike Ride (WNBR), in a very nasty way. The cyclists had recorded his rant on video and filed a complaint to the police.
This verdict is remarkable in a country, where a man like Stephen Gough already had to spend more than ten years in prison, just because he hiked in the nude.
“Man who hurled abuse at Clacton naked cyclists hit with fine”
Comment by Bernard, UK
- The prosecution was under the Public Order Act because current hate crime legislation focuses on ethnic, religious, gender and disability only.
- The two perpetrators pled guilty at the last moment, so there was no discussion of the issues in court. One was fined £150 and each paid £50 costs, but at least they got criminal records.
- Some comments posted by readers to the newspaper's site were so filled with further hate that some BN*) members have made formal complaints to the newspaper's editor, and they have all been removed.
- At the time of the ride in 2019, Clacton Council whipped up feeling against WNBR.
*) “BN” is short for organisation “British Naturists”.
Eight years after his spectacular, completely air cooled ski jump, Halvor Egner Granerud achieved his greatest success to date by winning World Cup 2020/21.
Nude ski jump in winter 2012/2013
Shortly before the final of the Nordic World Ski Championships, Corona virus brought Norway's ski jumping high-flyer Halvor Egner Granerud down. The eleven-time season winner was isolated on Wednesday 3 March after positive testing. The great rival of Markus Eisenbichler and Karl Geiger was thus ruled out for the decisions on the large hill in Oberstdorf.
D · Biking in the buff on a summery day before Easter [1 April 2021]
In 2021, the first summery day with maximum temperatures above 25°C took place on Wednesday before Easter. Only a few commercial aircraft, again polluting the atmosphere, disturbed the blue sky...
D · Early feeling of spring in February [23 February 2021]
Short, dark winter days, together with restrictions to stem Corona infections, were already stressful enough for people. The onset of winter in February with unusually extensive snowfall and persis...